We are wrapping up one of the most hectic quarters of my education to date. It has been a whirlwind of information and introduction to new tools. I have just revised the blog and video we viewed at the start of the quarter and I don't think my reactions are very different. I am from the generation that is considered technology natives (albiet I'm on the cusp for sure). I was fortunate to have a computer at a fairly early age and even remember dabbling in html in my teenage years. I made my own website rudimentary website before we even had the premade layouts at our disposal. I taught myself and have always found technology to be fascinating.
That being said, I actually find some of these tools more frustrating then doing thing the hard way from scratch. When something doesn't work properly or is down for whatever reason it can be challenging. I know things are constantly improving and so my goal is to keep familiarizing myself with all the tools that are available so I can find the ones that will best suit my needs.
Sure... the proliferation of free tools that can be used by almost everyone means that sometimes, there are challenges and it's harder to be patient with glitches when there's so much else on your plate. And then, there is the stuff that did work and let us do things sometimes in better ways.
ReplyDeleteMore next quarter!