1. What did I learn?
There are many more manipulatives for math than I ever could have imagined. Manipulatives can be costly or inexpensive and you can make your own or use more affordable options (like poker chips) as alternatives to the ones manufactured for math learning. This week we learned about miras, a tool I hadn't heard of before or had the opportunity to use. I have to admit it was pretty cool. Using the mira was actually pretty fun and didn't really feel like math at all.
2. What do I have questions about?
I just am curious what other tools are out there that I don't know about yet?
3. What are the implications for classroom practice?
If the mira was fun for me to use (I was a student who dreaded math), I think it's safe to assume it will be equally enjoyable for students who might not find math particularly interesting.
There are many more manipulatives for math than I ever could have imagined. Manipulatives can be costly or inexpensive and you can make your own or use more affordable options (like poker chips) as alternatives to the ones manufactured for math learning. This week we learned about miras, a tool I hadn't heard of before or had the opportunity to use. I have to admit it was pretty cool. Using the mira was actually pretty fun and didn't really feel like math at all.
2. What do I have questions about?
I just am curious what other tools are out there that I don't know about yet?
3. What are the implications for classroom practice?
If the mira was fun for me to use (I was a student who dreaded math), I think it's safe to assume it will be equally enjoyable for students who might not find math particularly interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment